How To Change Your Power Steering Fluid with Prestone
Prestone has released an instructional video for vehicle owners that are interested in learning how to change their vehicle’s power steering fluid. Power steering fluid should be changed every 30,000-60,000 miles, three to five years or according to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation. Maintain the health of your engine by following the method in the video to quickly and easily change your power steering fluid in as few as five minutes.
How To Change Your Brake Fluid with Prestone
Prestone has released a how-to video on the topic of changing your vehicle’s brake fluid. With help from this video, you can safely and easily change your brake fluid on your own in as little as five minutes. Brake fluid should be changed every two to three years or according to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation.
New How-To Video for Prestone® Triple Seal Protection™ Stop Leak Made with DuPont™ Kevlar® Resin
Prestone has released a short, yet informative video that shows how easy it is to use their new Triple Seal Protection™ Stop Leak products for Engine Blocks, Radiators and Head Gaskets. Each product is designed for the unique heat and pressure of the specific leak location, to which the stop leak treatment is delivered through innovative effervescent beads.
"Ending Coolant Confusion” and “Maintenance 101” are animated videos with basic information on cooling system maintenance and antifreeze/coolant selection.
Ending Coolant Confusion
With today’s changing engine technology, maintaining your engine, especially your cooling system, is even more vital. This 90-second video helps end coolant confusion by addressing the three most common questions that vehicle owners have about antifreeze/coolant.
- What color antifreeze/coolant do I use?
With Prestone®, color doesn’t matter. Prestone mixes with any color antifreeze/coolant and can be used in any make or model, regardless of engine and cooling system materials.
- What is the function of antifreeze/coolant?
- To prevent freeze-ups and boil-overs.
- Protecting the cooling system, including water pump and seals, from corrosion with Prestone’s patented anti-corrosion formula.
- Can’t I just buy the cheapest product possible?
Today’s lighter engines run at higher temperatures making them more susceptible to cooling system failure. Inferior coolants do not have Prestone’s patented Cor-Guard™ inhibitor package to prevent corrosion build-up in your cooling system. A corroded water pump can negatively affect your cooling system and eventually lead to engine failure. Protect one of your largest investments by choosing Prestone Antifreeze/Coolant for enhanced corrosion protection.
Overheating is one of the top reasons cars breakdown today. Here is your step-by-step Maintenance 101 guide on cooling systems.
- How to Maintain Your Coolant System?
- Check your coolant level at every oil change
- Read your owner’s manual and follow recommended change intervals
- Understand your product options
- Antifreeze Usage
- Top off with Prestone 50/50 Prediluted Antifreeze/Coolant or perform a flush and fill with Prestone Concentrate Antifreeze/Coolant
- Prestone antifreeze has a patented anti-corrosion formula for extended life
- When to Use a Cooling System Product?
- Radiator Stop Leak can quickly seal small and medium-sized leaks
- Radiator Sealer helps to seal larger leaks
- Radiator Flush + Cleaner is designed for light flushing or heavy-duty cleaning during a flush and fill
- Complete Care + Stop Leak can be added to your coolant to help extend water pump life by reducing friction and protecting against corrosion. It also stops or prevents leaks throughout most of the cooling system.
Further information can be found on the "Maintain Your Vehicle" tab at the top of this page.
- The Prestone Team